Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh large mushrooms
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pkg. cream cheese softened
- 3-4 splashes of hot sauce
- 1-2 tsps. Worcestershire sauce
- sliced green onion
- sliced basil leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded 6 cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Clean mushrooms gently with a damp towel and remove stems.
2. In a large skillet cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is brown and tender. Drain. Stir in cream cheese and heat until melted. Stir in hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, green onions, and chopped parsley.
3. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake about 10 minutes. Take out, sprinkle with cheese and put back into oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top with fresh basil.