Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 pkg Bob's Red Mill gluten free pizza dough mix
- 1/2-1 green bell pepper sliced
- 4 large stuffing mushrooms
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 fresh mozarella cheese ball, grated
- 1 can tomato paste (small)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 splashes of soy sauce
- 3-4 splashes of hot sauce
1. Make the crust according to the directions on the package.
2. While the dough is rising, cook the chicken in an oiled, heavy skillet. Cook until tender and shred. Set aside.
3. Saute' the onion and green peppers for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Add all of the sauce ingredients in the order that it is listed. Bring to a slight boil. Make adjustments according to your personal taste. Bring down to low heat. Cook for 20 minutes, or until a darker color.
5. Finish preparing dough and roll onto a lightly oiled pizza stone. Using wet hands, make pizza at least 15". Can be smaller. Poke holes in dough (but not along the edges). Bake for 10-12 min at 350 degrees.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes. Add sauce, a thin layer, the chicken, veggies, and then the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 5 min before cutting into it.