Baked Seafood Lasagna
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt (to taste)
- crushed ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 pkg. of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozeralla cheese
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 9 lasagna noodles (no boil or regular and boil them)
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned
- 12 oz. crabmeat, drained and flaked
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add flour, stir with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add milk mixing well. Bring to a boil, stir constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened-stir constantly. Remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese, sea salt, pepper, and parsley.
2. In a separate container, combine spinach, cottage cheese, 2/3 cup mozarella cheese, nutmeg, salt, and a pinch of the ground white pepper. Mix well and set aside.
3. Spread a thin layer of the cheese sauce at the bottom of a 13X9 glass baking pan. Cover with 3 lasagna noodles and layer 1/2 of the shrimp, crab meat, and spinach mixture, top with a thin layer of cheese sauce. Repeat layers, starting with the noodles.
4. Top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles, remaining parmesan cheese sauce, and mozarella. Cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 22 minutes or until lasagna is heated through. Let stand for 10 min before cutting into it. Can cut into 12 pieces.
NOTE: I used a fresh mozarella ball and grated it instead of using pre-grated cheese. For ease, you can use grated pre-packaged cheese.
I used white peppercorns, and crushed them myself instead of using bottled white pepper.