Peanut Butter and Maple Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Place peanut butter and butter in bowl and mix on medium speed. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Add sugars, egg, and vanilla. Turn to medium-low and beat for about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl.
2. Turn to low. Gradually add all remaining ingredients and mix for 30 seconds.
3. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls about 2 inches apart on baking sheet and press criss-cross design onto cookies with a fork.
Bake at 375 until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
Optional: Can add chocolate chips for the kids, or for those who love chocolate ^_^
Note: Maple syrup adds a but of sweetness that the sugars does not, as well as depth.