I tried out this amazing recipe from the cookbook that I received from a cupcake swap on Swap-bot. My family murdered them in 2 days! I altered the recipe slightly, for a stronger flavor for the icing.
Tropical Pineapple Cupcakes
- 4 Tbsp. crushed pineapples
- 6 Tbsp. of softened butter
- generous 3/8 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 5/8 self-rising flour
- 1 Tbsp. juice from canned pineapple
- 2-3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- generous 3/8 cup of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbs of crushed pineapples
- 1 Tbsp. of pineapples juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg. Add the flour to the bowl and fold into the mixture. Fold or bet in the pineapples and pineapple juice. Spoon batter into the cups using an ice cream scoop.
3. Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool.
4. Frosting: Put butter and cream cheese in bowl and beat until smooth. Sift confectionery sugar into the bowl and beat together until well-blended. Gradually beat in the juice and pineapples until well-mixed.
5. When the cupcakes are completely cooled off, frost the cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I do not like cold cupcakes, so you can take them out 20 minutes before serving for them to defrost.