Molten Cinnamon-Chocolate Cupcakes
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup of butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 4 eggs
- 6 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 425 bake, or 350. Spray cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine chocolate and butter in a non-metallic bowl; put in microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Place in bowl of stand up mixer. Add powdered sugar, eggs, flour, cinnamon and vanilla; beat at medium speed until well blended. Scoop batter into tins, filling slightly above half full.
3. Bake at 13 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched, but centers are soft. Let stand for 1 minute; loosen sides with a butter knife and invert onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
I had mine with black coffee, though i'm sure she did not drink coffee, but tea instead. It was not popular to have coffee until after Napoleon's day.