1930s Vintage Vogue Dress

This week has been insane! I promised a handmade garment from the 1940s, but I was not able to start on it...it has been one of those weeks out of my control. 


So, I am posting a dress that I made from a Vintage Vogue 1935 pattern. If you are interested in making your own slip dress, it is pattern number V2859.


I used light weight lilac satin for the dress. To add a bit of flair, I hand beaded lavender beads around the bust edge, and tonal pinks in the diamond on the bodice. Due to the size of the dress, i could not use my usual model. Dress forms are so convenient! 














Stay tuned for another vintage project! I will give you a hint on Sunday ^_^

3 comments:

  1. That fabric is so luxurious and feminine... and the soft lilac color is perfect, too for the shape of this dress!

    *Claudia* x
    Molto ❤ Fashion

    ReplyDelete