Why I Make Dolls

Doll making is an art form, just like painting. Some will disagree with me, but that's how I feel about it. Every doll maker is different. Some of them want to stick in a category, others want to stand apart. 






I design dolls for seven reasons (in no particular order):


1. I cannot find what I like in stores
2. To express my vision
3. To challenge myself
4. To test my fashion designs 
5. It is more fun than painting on canvas
6. Because I have a Peter Pan complex, lol
7. I love dolls!


Doll making becomes a complex equation. Each doll that I create I have to figure out things like: how am I going to make this Mohawk? How am I going to make this garment look like the sketch in every aspect? I love it, I love making dolls. I love sharing my work with people.







8 comments:

  1. And, because it's what you love makes it that much more special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Szereted a szabadságot, ez jó! Tetszik az elméleted, és tetszenek a babáid!
    Jó munkát,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you doll making is an art!(especially yours!)

    xx Ilka

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's so interesting and unique that you make them, and they are so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dolls! I think it's lovely that you make them, and they're very faithful friends.. :D

    *Claudia* x
    Molto ❤ Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pattie, I love making dolls! I just finished the face of one of my newest dolls today.

    Erika, Köszönöm, kedves szavakat annak tekintetében, hogy én babák! Jó napot!

    Ilka, *blush* thanks, doll making is a talent you have or don't have.

    Krystal, thanks! It is something that I wanted to learn how to do.

    Claudia, dolls are so fun and cool if you make them that way. They are my friends ^_^

    ReplyDelete