Garden of Flowers Quilt

When I graduated from high school in the year of 2002, I didn't think of what I wanted my graduation gift to be. I figured money was always a winner. My grandmother who I call "Grams", called months in advance and asked what I wanted for graduation. I automatically thought of a quilt! I flew to Michigan to visit her, and she took me shopping to select my fabric for the quilt. At the time, I was not aware that Batiks were so expensive, but she purchased them anyway. I said that I wanted an appliquéd'  quilt. I wanted it to be colorful, and have flowers. 


After 6 months of anticipation, she sent me this lovely quilt that she designed herself. I just selected the fabric. She chose the backing and everything else. I want to share my pics (recent) of the quilt that I still use. 















5 comments:

  1. how exquitely beautiful. You'll be able to show your own children when you have them. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it lots!! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ^_^. The best present ever! If I have children, I will pass this down to them.

    ReplyDelete