Result 2: Plaid and Japanese Fashion Mag Inspiration

Last week I completed my second plaid project. 2 down, 1 more to go! I made a post about using Japanese fashion and sewing magazines for inspiration here.


I decided to do a photo shoot this time around to show the garment on an actual person instead of the dressform. Here are the results:


Fur vest that is handmade by me

Dress being worn as a drop waist dress.

I love that hat! It's mine, and handmade. 

The bag that came with my newest Japanese fashion
mag. Model is wearing the dress and fur vest.



The project was fun, and the inspiration derived from the cover of this amazing Japanese sewing mag!






 The fur vest, I draped, made a flat pattern, and sewed. The shoulders and side seams are hand sewn using durable thread. The lapels are tacked down using the same type of thread using 4 strands. Any feedback is welcome, and I will post the next project soon! Well...i'm still working on it.


Previous post on last plaid project can be seen here

5 comments:

  1. So creative :) I just wish I had the sense to sew. I got a sewing machine for christmas and can turn it on. That's it... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!

    I made it here from BiPolarGirls Blog Hop.

    Alicia {ProtoDoom.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Brooke Anna, I suppose somebody in your family wants you to start sewing. Thanks for the comments.

    Following you back Alicia, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful.Belated wishes for the happy and properous new year 2011

    ReplyDelete