- 1 whole wheat pita
- 1/3 cup ground turkey
- 1/4 cup green apple, diced finely
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- Curry powder, black pepper, salt
- Prepare a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Set the heat to medium.
- Once the pan is hot, add the ground turkey, green onion, and zucchini. Sprinkle in curry powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir until ingredients are well Incorporated.
- Once the turkey is browned, and the veggies are tender, (after 10-15 minutes) add the green apples to the pan. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cut pita in half and open pockets. Remove the curry mix from the pan and add to the pocket. Add chopped cucumber to the pita. Top with the parsley sauce (recipe below) and enjoy.
- 1 Tbs. sour cream
- 1 tsp. ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tsp. milk
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, ricotta cheese, salt and milk with a whisk. Add milk to the consistency that you desire. Add the chopped parsley and pour on top of the pita sandwich.