Inspired by Plaid and Japanese Fashion Mag


This past week has been a doozy! Trying to finish one line one at a time can become tiring. I want to take a short break from making merchandise and make something for myself for once. Have any of you out there ever been asked, "Did you make that?" Well, I get asked that often, but I am never wearing anything that I've made because...I never have time to sew for myself,lol. I have not made clothing for myself since...high school, and a few projects in college.

So sewers, I beg of you...what would you make with these fabric choices? I bought a woven tartan plaid with navy background and red and green plaid with gold thread. The other two are flannel fabrics. Did i mention that I had this fabric for 2 years?


Tartan, woven



Red and black check on flannel

Slate blue with olive and black plaid flannel
 So, I was going through my pattern collection and I didn't see anything that inspired me to create. I remembered that before i left NY, I had went to Kinokuniya Bookstore before I left and made a few fun purchases. After fervently searching through the sewing book and the fashion magazine I came up with these scans.
Honestly, I just love the kwaii factor in this ad

Please check the check section, bad joke i know :)

I'm in love with the red tartan dress. The color pops, and the lines are classic.

I admire the shape of the ivory sweater dress with the front bow-tie.
I also like the striped mohair dress. Classic sheath style.

Another ad that i love...and that dress of course
 On to the sewing book. The photography in this book is stunning, and the women appear to be ethereal and gentle. But, my favorite part about many Japanese sewing books are the tear out patterns to accompany the book. In another post, I will help with cost effective ways to draft patterns from home using supplies around the home and such.






If anyone has any ideas on what to make with this fabric, please post your comments. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment