Chick Pea and Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans
- 1/2 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 3 small tomatoes on the vine diced
- 1 Tbs of parsely (fresh or dried)
- 1 Tbs of fresh garlic chopped, or granulated garlic
- 1-2 stalks of green onion sliced
- 1/4 cup of bell pepper chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Tbs oil
- Put a large pot on the stove and turn on medium heat. Add oil to the pan. Add the chopped and diced green pepper, green onion, garlic, and fresh tomatoes to the heated pot. Sautee' the veggies for about 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender. Be cafeful not to have the heat too high, or the garlic will burn.
- Add the chick peas, can of diced tomatoes, and water to the pot. Add all of the seasonings and herbs to the pot. Bring to a boil. Once the soup comes to a boil, cover with a lid, and turn down heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 mintues, the soup is ready.
Well, this recipe is extremely easy, and many variations can be made. Please enjoy, and feel free to leave feedback and comments.